Kenyans countrywide will be forced to get the huduma numba before the registration deadline which was set at May 18, 2019.
President Uhuru Kenyatta and opposition leader Raila Odinga also insisted that the registration is compulsory despite a court ruling stating otherwise.
Despite the numerous criticisms from Kenyans online concerning the huduma numba, one will not have a choice but to register or else face the following consequences.
1. According to government, Kenyans who need to acquire bank services will be inconvenienced if they do not have the Huduma Numba.
2. One might also be inconvenienced if they want to do an exam especially for those who use their IDs in doing so.
3. Kenyans who fail to obtain the Huduma Namba during the ongoing mass registration, which is done on the local markets and schools, will have to travel long distances (government offices) to register.
4. For those who need to travel outside the country, obtaining a passport will not be possible without the Huduma Namba.
5. Kenyans without the Huduma Numba could be denied their constitutionally guaranteed rights if they fail to register.