Since the return of CORD leader Raila Odinga, he has put President Uhuru in his rightful place. His Excellency Uhuru in the couple of weeks PM Odinga has been around (since his grand return from Boston) has increasingly found himself in a corner where he has to whine and, literally, beg for the country to ‘give Jubilee a chance’.
That’s how competitive politics should be. Each side must have an equal on the other, someone to provoke, or to respond to. Hii ndio Siasa.
With Prime Minister Odinga back, CORD is resurgent and many will rightfully argue CORD is Odinga and Odinga is CORD, yet we know Odinga cannot be on CORD’s duty roll 24/7 till 2017- he will simply burn out. Premier Odinga cannot respond to all and sundry of Jubilee’s ‘mercenaries’ be they intellectuals, politicians, online gangs like by diploma holders or is certificate or just journalism packages from wherever…..
A look at the political scene reveals more Jubilee politicians, intellectuals, journalists and ‘activists’ still wallow in the political miasma without CORD ‘partners’. This has created a scenario where top CORD leaders are attacked from all sides but with little response from the rank and file.
Kenya Today has created an ‘exclusive’ list that the opposition CORD needs to check on, and potential ‘partners’ from the CORD side.
1. President Uhuru Kenyatta – manned properly by Raila Odinga
2. Deputy President William Ruto – not manned, left to wander aimlessly. Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka should up his game and should be assisted by the very able Senate Minority leader Moses Wetangula. In responding to Ruto, a barrage of several MPs and Senators should also join.Â Also, Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale can join the onslaught on Ruto.
3. Aden Duale – Not properly manned, needs the combined onslaught from CORD’s Jakoyo Midiwo, Suna East MP Junnet Mohammed and Budalangi MP Ababu Namwamba to completely shut his slow and very challenged arguments
4. Governor William Kabogo – not manned. He has taken to threatening Hon. Raila Odinga not to visit Kiambu. A response from a fellow Governor, say Mombasa’s Ali Hassan Joho, or Kakamega’s Wycliff Oparanya, or Turkana’s Josephat Nanoko can really put him back to his corner.
5. Kabando Wa Kabando: Kabando’s cacophonous nature needs semblance of order. So, whenever an interview is called, CORD should find a self-restraint and mature MP to take him on.Â Kibra MP Ken Okoth, Ndhiwa MP Netto Oyugi et al.
6. Professor Peter Kagwanja – His biased opinion pieces in Daily Nation should be countered by Prof Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o at that intellectual level. Prof Nyong’o should strive to prove that Kagwanja is a quasi-intellectual and revisionist! Also, Dr Agnes Zani should be on standby in peeling back Kagwanja. An opportunity for Dr Zani to show that she is worthy the party SG’s post. Oduor Ong’wen can also be on the reserve bench.
7. Beth Mugo – should be put in her place by a fellow female legislator one madam fagia Elizabeth Ongoro and Homa Bay Women Rep Hon Gladys Wanga together with nominated Senator Janet Ongera are equallualed to do a killer punch on.
8. Githu Muigai – All the bad laws he authors should be checked by Hon Amos Wako and Hon James Orengo. Strange turn of political events!
9. Mike Sonko – dawa yake ni Governor Hassan Joho, however Hon Simba Arati can be on standby to offer a concluding knock out punch.
10. Miguna Miguna, Ngunjiri Wambugu, Moses Kuria – these three musketeers should be checked by a coterie including Wafula Buke, Norman Magaya and columnist Sospeter Otieno and Phil Etale and Onyango Jnr in that order.
11. Mike Sonko – should be distracted by city wars. Easy, get Reuben Ndolo, Mayor Aladwa and all CORD MCAs from Nairobi City County! Shebesh can also be enjoined in the bandwagon on Sonko!
12. Kipchumba Murkomen – Murkomen has no peers when it comes to boot-licking. He needs anyone from CORD who can be petty.
13. Prof Kithure Kindiki on this one CORD need not search further as Hon Ababu Namwamba fits the bill very well.
14. Ageing columnists Macharia Gaitho; here CORD need not worry as the young and restless bad-ass blogger Seth Odongo aka Dikembe Disembe,, Canada based Rashid Wanjala and the beautiful Janet Mwikali-White. will do wonders on Gaitho.
15. Jasper Mbeuki can be demolished by the ever fair Silas Jakakimba and Diani Kethi Kilonzo
First time MPs like hon Ken Obura should join hon Alfred Keter in his wars with William Ruto. They should give Keter the ‘company’ he needs to be effective.
Lastly, cabinet secretaries Charity Ngilu and Anne Waiguru should be handled like politicians. Here, the services of CORD’s female MPs can again be required as led by madam Millie Mabona
Down below the cadre of MPs is a whole list of activists, bloggers, lowly-trained journalists and what not of the Jubilee Alliance not checked by the opposition, since CORD never pays bloggers like Jubilee does, a natural bunch of Railaholics will team up clear any mess caused by the likes of Itumbi, Kiplagoat Sitonic and SPCU- the team can constitute Antony Oyugi, Lee Makwiny, Jim Bonnie Phil Wesonga, Victor Marende, Bobby Bobants, Nancy Anyango Nesouda, Renee Nyakerario, Michael Omondi, Nyamwada and concessionary Dikembe Seth Odongo whenever he is done with the old man Gaitho.
No one should respond to David Matsanga. He is not the opposition’s problem. He is a guest of the state.
Hii ni siasa!