Homa Bay women’s rep Hon Gladys Wanga is the new ODM Homa Bay county branch chairperson.
Wanga was appointed in an exercise conducted at Tourist Hotel, Homa Bay town on Saturday.
Thirty three MCAs and 11 party executives attended the election.
Wanga promised to deliver more branch support aimed at ensuring that ODM clinches the top seat in 2017.
Addressing the media after her appointment, she urged the public to register as voters ahead of the election.
Joseph Magwanga declined his appointment as secretary, succeeding Karachuonyo MP James Rege.
â€œI cannot be part of undemocratic leadership in my county. I was neither informed nor consulted, I never even expressed interest in the position,â€ he said.
“I cannot be party to illegal leadership and I am not hungry for power.â€
Below is the full list of officials:
1. Gladys Wanga â€“ Chairperson
2. Richard Ogindo â€“ Vice chairperson
3. Joseph Magwanga â€“ Secretary
4. Silvance Osele â€“ Vice secretary
5. Jospeh Akeyo â€“ Treasurer
6. Okinyi Rao â€“ Organizing secretary
7. Raphael Odongo â€“ Deputy organising secretary
8. George Omolo â€“ Youth leader
9. Esther Dwallo â€“ Special interest
10. Pamela Okoth â€“ Special interest
11. Mary Patricia Ouma â€“ Secretary, Women’s league
1. Patrick Odwalo
2. Tom Dola
3. George Mboya
4. Hamilton Orata
5. Lawrence Gumbe
6. Peter Kaluma
7. Dickens Nyaronyi
There is confusion as to whether laid down procedures were followed, as party SG Ababu Namwamba and Director of Elections Hon Junet Mohammed had opposed the Mbadi calls for branch elections.