Pro-CORD blogger Dikembe Disembe has told businessman Chris Kirubi to ‘shut the fuck up’ Â and stop blaming Luos over Kenya Airways woes. Here is the post by Dikembe:
Chris Kirubi should just shut the fuck up and stop hating on Luos (people from the lakeside). There are very few Luos in management positions with significant authority to run down anything in Kenya. What is ironical is that the journalist who interviewed Kirubi did not ask him to substantiate how many people from the ”lakeside” work at KQ and what authority do they have, or who among them should carry the burden of looting KQ.
Here are the current KQ Board of Directors from their website:
1. Mr. Evanson Mwaniki – Chairman
2. Mbuvi Ngunze – Group Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer
3. Alex Wainaina Mbugua: Group Finance Director
4. Pieter J.TH. Elbers – Non-Executive Director
5. Ron Schipper – Non-Executive Director.
6. Dr. Kamau Thugge – Non-Executive Director (Principal Secretary, National Treasury)
7. Joseph William Nduva Muli, EBS- Non-Executive Director (Principal Secretary for the State Department of Transport in the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure).
8. Mr. Jos Veenstra – Alternate Non-Executive Director.
9. Ambassador Dennis Awori,Non-Executive Director.
10. Vincent Rague,Non-Executive Director
11. Caroline Armstrong â€“ Ogwapit – Non-Executive Director
12. Festus W. Kingâ€™ori (Alternate to the Principal Secretary/National Treasury).
Where are people from the lakeside here? Kirubi should be told had it not been for the meticulous ‘lakeside’ hand of Isaac Omollo Okero who joined KQ in 1991 and guided it through to successful privatization in 2005, the airline would have been extinct long time ago.
When journalists with shallow understanding of the history of Kenya’s corporate sector interview some of these so called ‘captains of industry’, you’d think fellows like Kirubi haven’t run down institutions here before.
It was wakili Edwin Sifuna who effusively proclaimed: ‘Moral authority is the ONLY authority”. Kirubi has no moral authority to blame anyone and certainly has none blaming Luos. I’m Luo.Â