Find below resolutions arrived at after the Council of Governors’ Devolution Conference at the Bomas of Kenya.
FIRST ANNUAL COUNTY GOVERNMENTS FORUM
Held at the : BOMAS OF KENYA 7TH MARCH 2014
We the leadership of the 47 Counties of the Republic of Kenya, gathered here at the Bomas of Kenya on this 7th day of March 2014 to discuss where we have been, where we are and where we are going, do resolve:
1. THAT all leadership at the county level must in unity oversee the future and success of devolution.
2. THAT Devolution does not belong to the Governors, Deputy Governors, MCAs and the Speakers. These are merely facilitators. Devolution belongs to the people of Kenya.
3. THAT The MCAs must be facilitated by the national government for car grants and seed money for mortgages as Members of the National Assembly are being facilitated.
4. THAT If the National Assembly will keep the CDF and other devolved funds, the County Governments must also initiate the Ward Development Funds.
5. THAT All the funds coming to the county, CDF, Uwezo, Roads money, REA money, HIV Aids funds etc , must all be put into one pot.
6. THAT We shall initiate open dialogue of leaders in the county for the sake of development of our counties.
7. THAT Leaders at the county levels want to be held accountable as per the provisions of the Constitution.
8. THAT Counties WILL undertake civic education to the village level on devolution and referendum.
9. THAT There will be unity of the devolution family.
10. THAT A committee will be formed to spearhead and protect devolution â€“ made up of deputy governors, speakers, leaders of the County Assemblies.
11. THAT To achieve the Kenyan dream, the county governments will intensify development projects.
12. THAT Counties Governments will call for a referendum to increase county allocations from the current levels to 45% to take place within a year.
13. THAT The true family of devolution which is the founding fathers and mothers of devolution represented here today will remain focused on devolution and remain united.
14. THAT County Governments should get revenue from the audited accounts of the current financial year.
15. THAT We shall participate fully in the coming annual devolution conference and the county build up meetings.
16. THAT This County Governments Forum shall be held bi-annually.
Representatives of County Governments.