The Orange Democratic Movement party has scheduled its party polls on February 28 and March 1 at Kasarani gymnasium. During a meeting at Orange House, the party resolved to have the NDC, the highest decision-making organ of Kenya’s most popular party, to meet late February and early march to elect new officials that will steer the party to the next elections.
Except for three positions already filled, the party will be electing new officials to fill in 24 other positions. The ODM NEC met on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Party leader Raila Odinga and the resolutions were read to members by the current outgoing party Secretary General Prof Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o.
Below are positions to be filled.
2. Deputy Party leader
3. National Chairperson
4. Deputy Chairperson
5. Secretary General
6. Deputy Secretary General
7. National Treasurer
8. Deputy Treasurer – Finance
9. National Organizing Secretary
10. Deputy Organizing Secretary
11. Secretary for Public Policy and Economic Affairs
12. Secretary for Legal and Constitutional Affairs
13. Secretary for Publicity and Information
14. Secretary for International Affairs
15. Secretary for Women Affairs (Orange Women Democrats Leader)(filled)
16. Secretary for Youth Affairs (Orange Young Democrats Leader)
17. Secretary for Special Interest Groups
18. Secretary for Environment
19. Secretary for Parliamentary Affairs (Whip) (Filled) – Hon Augostino Neto Oyugi, MP Ndhiwa.
20. Secretary for Devolved Government
21. Secretary for Science and Technology
22. Secretary for Labour and Human Resource Development
23. Secretary for Special Programmes, Security and Social Welfare
24. Secretary for Humanitarian and Disaster Management Affairs
25. Secretary for Disability Affairs
26. Secretary for Political Affairs
27. Executive Director (Ex officio)(filled) – Hon Magerer Langat