Comrades from Kenyatta University are creating internet sensation with the entry of a new model of buses being introduced for students travel. While the buses are comfortable and pioneering by any standards, some of the things being offered to students on travel are just awesomely untrue. Sample these:
1.It has an Mpesa agent and an Equity Automated Teller Machine next to the driver, this brings mobile banking at the comfort of your journey.
2. Each seat is fitted with a 45 megapixel camera for taking selfies while travelling.
3.The seats are not for the squeamish. They are made of one of the softest materials around – leather from a whale’s penis.
4.There is free wifi inside ,high speed internet services upto 162Mbps.This means that before even updating a status on facebook people will be already commenting.
5.The shuttle has CCTV cameras fitted all round it for the sake of peace.
6.It is made of lightweight materials including aluminium, carbon fibre, fibreglass and polycarbonate, it is 49ft long (15 metres), 8ft wide (2.5 metres) and 5ft 5in high (1.65 metres).
7.It has been developed at the Delft University of Technology in Holland under the direction of Professor Wubbo Ockels who in 1985 became the first Dutchman in space when he was part of the team on board the space shuttle Challenger.
8.It is fitted with an age detector driving mode that only allows drivers not less than 35 years of age. This means the bus cannot start if you are younger than Deputy President William Ruto’s KU girlfriend Mecy Cheptoo.
9. It can detect the presence or absence of Prof. Olive Mugenda at least a kilometre from its vicinity.
10. The wheels are designed for Kenya’s only Superhighway, meaning the bus cannot be used to ferry students to villages like Moi University, Kabianga and Masinde Muliro.
11. The 6 drivers who will be operating the buses each have three degrees each with a requirement of masters if you did your first degree from St.Paul, Â Kisii or Dedan Kimathi universities!
12. Kenyatta University students on board are served chilled tuna fish from chef John Omolo, trained from London school of cutlery with a PhD in food sciences from the University of Nairobi. Omolo is reputed to have discovered the egg of Nile Perch increases concentration among Law and Medicine Students, and causes anxiety among Education and Counsel Psychology students.