By Anwar Saddat via Facebook
ICC Pre-Trial Brief (PTB)
Sensitive Material Evidence used for the confirmation of charges against Uhuru Kenyatta.
1) Witnesses #4: After declaring his support for the re-election of Kibaki, Uhuru was mandated to pursue organizational policy to keep PNU in power through every means necessary.
2) In a meeting held at statehouse in February 2007, Uhuru was tasked to mediate between PNU and Mungiki.
In that meeting, it was decided that Since Maina Njenga was close to the ODM Presidential candidate, it was necessary to lock him up, and a “friendly” chairman of mungiki installed.
3) For their support, Mungiki members were to be given large swaths of land , in Kitengela and Massai region, held by Uhuru’s associates.
4) In a follow up meeting at state house in November 23rd, 2007, The Kibaki re-election squad was briefed that all preparations was made to maintain power should the opposition win.
5) After Kibaki was declared the winner of 2007 election and opposition supporters began to riot, Kshs 1.3million was transferred from a cooperative bank account, *************3423, held by an associate of Uhuru, to an account *************4578 Jointly owned by Naftali Irungu( Mungiki National treasurer), and Ndung’u Wagacha( acting Mungiki chairman).
6) In the morning following the announcement of the results, Uhuru placed a call to Joseph Ngugi Nyumu( former Mp of Gatundu- the late) using a 0723****** number, to coordinate transportation of Mungiki youths from Nairobi, to Naivasha and Nakuru.
7) Kshs 2.8 million was transferred from a standard chartered account ***********2489, to a Mr. James Kagwi, an associate of the Late George Thuo for use of Citi hopper buses in the transportation.
8) Complete with military fatigue, known Mungiki youths were ferried to Naivasha and Nakuru to perform retaliatory attacks against the Kalenjines, Luos, and other ODM supporters.
9) From the beginning of peace negotiations and the signing of the peace accord, the Mungiki youths who participated, or had knowledge of the planning and execution of PEV were killed in a mopping operation.Below is the list of some of those youths.
10) Witnesses #4 was forced to withdraw his confessions, leading to the collapse of the case against Uhuru.
OPT states that “Even though the house of justice was never completed because of sabotage and interference by the Kenyan government, the reality is that the building blocks were there.” ~~ ICC Pre-Trial Brief (PTB).