”LSK Chief Apollo Mboya has accepted a cursed goat, an animal probably already ‘ABUSED’ Mugo wa Wairimu ‘style’from alleged hatemonger Mutahi Ngunyi. SAD”.
I received the above message, wondered what to make of it, hoping it is untrue. Anyway, it is true. Apollo Mboya has received a goat from Mutahi Ngunyi, essentially providing the hate-monger with a leeway to escape justice.
Here is what others had to say:
“If it is true that Apollo Mboya received a goat from Mutahi Ngunyi on our behalf, no words can express my disgust!Â Not knowing if Mutahi has slept with the goat is bad enough, but that Apollo Mboya cannot see the underlying tribal ridicule means Mboya is either a big idiot, or is masquerading as a Luo”, -C A Magere
Blogger Phil Wesonga miffed:
It is deeply insulting to the Luo Community for LSK CEO Apollo Mboya to accept a single goat as an expression of an apology from Mutahi Ngunyi who last week released extremely hateful and offensive tweets against Luos. Whatever other compensation Mboya has received from the NYS millionaire Ngunyi no one knows.
Hardly a week ago, and without any prompting from any quarters, LSK Chief Apollo Mboya together with lawyers Silas Jakakimba and Dennis Kâ€™Onyango, purportedly acting on behalf of “the over 18 million Luos in Kenya and around the world” loudly declared their intention to pursue the prosecution of Mutahi Ngunyi.
Mutahi Ngunyi had referred to all Luos as â€˜poverty strickenâ€™ and â€˜slavesâ€™.
Today an unassuming Mboya is pictured receiving a single emaciated goat from Mutahi Ngunyi as a sign of remorse. This will inevitably make Luos an even bigger laughing stock around the region and the world because of its insignificance and due to the obvious cultural connotations Agikuyu way of doing things.
So far, there has been no comment on this ridiculous and highly scandalous arrangement Mboya has onstensibly entered into with Ngunyi has been received from Silas Jakakimba the young ambitious lawyer from Rusinga harbouring parliamentary ambition who is/was Mboya co-pwtioner.. It remains to be seen if he will similarly accept a goat (and whatever else undisclosed compensation) from Ngunyi to drop out of the case.
People who saw Mboya’s wide grin when he firmly shook the hands of a suspender wearing Ngunyi (suspenders are trademarks for upwardly mobile Luos) and those who had hoped to see Ngunyi behind the dock on hatespeech charges are seething with anger at the latest developments.
- The Luos do not accept goat sacrifices for peace……And Apollo Mboya is not the chair of the Luo council of elders. …
- That goat belongs to apolo not luos. He can as well hand over his wife to Apollo as far as am concerned!
- Omera thiz guy is laughing us!!! Since when did Apollo angowa??….become Luo mouthpiece….or chaiman of Luo council of elders?
- We need no further insults from you #Ngunyi. This your goat which you have sedated and sodomised cannot be used to reverse our opinion of you.
- Did i hear goat? We r luos bana not some nondescript tribe u insult n apologize with a calabash of muratina n a defiled goat.
- this is cheap… and unacceptable… we will not take any form of apology from you. we want you to remove all your clothes and walk along kenyatta avenue into moi avenue as we cain u properly.
- Mutahi gunia u cnt buy luos with a goat we r nt cheap omera.we dnt need ua apology we understand u hav to insault luo natio inorder to please someone and earn a living.sisi ni sisi ni nyinyi ni nyinyi.
- Check whether the goat had been mugo wairimued before it was handed over. You cant trust some guys with livestock
Above comments sampled from Nation Fm Facebook page. Jeez!