How To Overcome Sexual Activities Before Marriage
By Omorisia Chakobo
1. Always get into a relationship with a God fearing person. A person who does not fear God will always demand sex. People who do not fear God think that you cannot have a relationship without sex.
2. Know that sex is not all that a relationship is all about. It is very important that you see your relationship in the right way. Never allow the world to lie to you that you cannot have a successful relationship without sex.
3. Know that your body is precious and it is a temple of the Holy Spirit. God dwells in you and he loves your body so you need to value it. 1 Corinth 6:18-20
4. Avoid doing anything with your boyfriend that arouses your feelings. Many people kiss, touch each other in their relationships and this may open up a door for sex before marriage. If you want to avoid sex before marriage do away with all things that can arouse your feelings.
5. Avoid seeing each other in a private place with your boyfriend. Sex is difficult to avoid if you allow yourself to be alone with your boyfriend or your girlfriend in a private place.
6. Do not see each other in the evenings. It is important to avoid evenings as time of seeing each other. The best time to see each other is in the morning and afternoon.
7. Avoid seeing each other more frequently where possible. It is good to meet and know each other as partners but it is not wise to see each other so frequently as if you are already married. There is need to keep some distance somehow.
8. Keep your mind occupied. Sex originates from the mind. There cannot be sex without the involvement of the mind so to avoid sex fill your mind with the word of God. Keep yourself busy and never entertain evil thoughts.
9. Play with good friends. If you keep company of people who are sleeping around before marriage it will be easy for you to do the same. Surround yourself with people who lead a holy life. Birds of the same further fly together.
10. Be selective on what you watch or listen to. Watching and listening to romantic and sexual staff can lead you into unplanned sex. What you watch most can easily tempt you into doing it.
11. Know that a boy friend or girl friend who wants to sleep with you before marriage does not really love you. A person who loves you will wait for the right time to have sex with you.
12. Have a mentor or a spiritual person to monitor your relationship. There is need for good counsel in any relationship. You need a person who is mature enough to guide you to live a holy life.
13. If you are a lady make sure that whenever you go to see your boyfriend wear clothes that cover all your private parts. If you are a lady and you go to see your boyfriend wearing clothes that expose your breasts, legs etc., there is a chance of tempting your man to have sex with you. Modest dressing is encouraged.
14. Try making your courtship period short. Long courtships before marriage can lead to sex. The more you know each other the easier it becomes to have sex together.
15. Learn to pray together and read the word of God together with your partner. A relationship where partners do not pray together opens much room for sexual activities.
16. Give yourself to prayer and fasting. Another way to discipline our body is to pray and fast. If you fast often your body is put under subjection.
17. Formalize your relationship as early as you can. It is very important to make the relationship known to the parents and pastors. This brings some respect in your relationship.
18. Do not spend so much money with your partner before marriage. It is good to buy good things for your partner before marriage but if you spend too much money, your partner can be tempted to give in to sex for over trusting you.