It was a ceremony skipped by key Kisii leaders including the County Governor and the County Assembly Speaker for obvious reasons that Ruto was invited. County Deputy Governor a Mr Maangi might have dug a political grave for himself unknowingly by inviting Ruto to his home-coming. However I leave this for the next day.
Some Gusii elders took the chance and had a secret meeting with DP William Ruto that was termed as ‘genuine” in which they raised concerns as genuine friends of Deputy president William Ruto.
It is reported that the elders were very frank to Ruto on his dealings with Mt Kenya mafia.Â They even challenged him to give a valid reason why he’s never been invited by Uhuru whenever he goes to meet retired president Daniel Moi.
The elders noted that Uhuru is always inviting Ruto to non value adding events like handing over a flag to the Safari Sevens, Olympians to Moscow, meeting jua kali businessmen from Mt Kenya, gospel awards and also Githeri eating competition at Statehouse, these the elders believe are blinding Ruto from the real issues.
Ruto is said to have been shocked by elders’ candid observations which they made in Swahili with heavy Kisii accent
Here are the wise points the elders left Ruto to chew are he took his chopper back to the city:
1) Respect Raila Odinga he may be that very important link you will need in future
2) Top government officials in Kibaki regime set you up for the ICC trials. They are now fronting Gideon Moi as the possible DP to replace you no wonder you are always sidelined when Uhuru meets Moi.
3) Your newly found friends are your worst haters, just like Raila was Njamba in 2002 but enemy in 2007, they also drop you at their own opportune time.
4) Support Isaac Ruto’s bid for a referendum he’s one person who will stand by you during the most challenging times coming your way.
5) Mt Kenya people have never forgiven you and they will never forgive you, not unless a miracle happens, remember all your accusers have roots in Mt Kenya.
6) Stop sidelining Luyhas, Luos and Kisiis in major government appointments if you want to make inroads to this areas for support.
Looking at the 6-point I now know why DP William Ruto was sweating yesterday while speaking in such a cold rainy weather in kisii .
William Ruto its up to you. Its either you listen to the advice or cry real tears soon!